03 Jan DIY Tea-Infused Candle
Posted at 15:45h in Recipes 0 Comments
Give new life to the used tea leaves from your favorite herbal tisane with this fun DIY Tea-Infused Candle project!
- Your favorite Vana Tisanes Herbal Tea
- Cooking oil
- Soy wax chips
- Wooden candle wicks with metal tabs
- Glass jars
- Heatproof glass measuring cup
- Oven mitts
- Optional: Essential oils
- Place the wax chips in a heatproof glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat until completely melted. (Tip: Use a thermometer to ensure the temperature of the melting wax does not reach flash point or it will be highly flammable.)
- Attach a wood wick to the metal tab; dip the tab in melted wax and center it at the bottom of a glass jar.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a stovetop and steep the loose tea until the oil is scented. Stir in a few drops of essential oil if you want to boost the scent. (Tip: Choose one or two herbs from the tea and use those essential oils to enhance the existing scents. For example, if you’re making a Calm Herbal Tea candle, try chamomile and lavender essential oils.)
- Remove the tea-infused oil and melted wax from the heat, then combine both.
- Slowly pour the melted wax into your glass jar. Once the wax has cooled and solidified, trim the wood wick.
- Enjoy your beautiful tea-infused candle with your favorite cup of tea!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.