16 Jul DIY Hair Rinse with Hair Herbal Tea
At Vana Tisanes we love utilizing our tisanes in functional ways— especially for fun DIY projects. Our Hair Herbal Tea is a beautiful blend of botanicals that are nourishing when used both internally as a brewed tea and externally as a hair rinse. We are big fans of how herbalism empowers anybody to create their own medicines, tonics, and remedies. We want to share our favorite DIY haircare recipes to revitalize your routine through the power of herbs. ?
Making your own haircare products allows you to customize your routine to suit your individual hair needs, the season, and region you live in (because we all know our hair behaves differently in the desert vs a temperate rainforest!). A herbal hair rinse is an affordable way to nourish and strengthen your hair and scalp. Our hair rinse using Hair Herbal Tea promotes hair growth, reduces dandruff, soothes itchy scalp, improves circulation to the scalp, softens and adds shine, and removes buildup of haircare product residue. ✨
DIY Daily Haircare Routine & Hair Rinse
Simple Baking Soda Shampoo
To start off our haircare routine, we encourage you to prep the hair with a simple baking soda paste which you can massage onto the scalp and roots of your hair. This mixture will help to remove excess hair product residue, minerals from hard water and works as a super affordable DIY shampoo.
- Start with 1/2 cup of baking soda and add water until you get the desired paste-like consistency. Massage into your hair and scalp, then rinse with warm water.
Herbal Hair Rinse
This Herbal Hair Rinse is a quick and easy rinse that takes only a few minutes to make. This rinse uses our Hair Herbal Tea which is full of nourishing botanicals. Green tea leaf, fenugreek seed, and hibiscus flower strengthen and stimulate hair growth. Nettle leaf, rosemary, and rose buds and petals prevent hair loss, balance the scalp, sooth itchy dandruff, and is full of vitamins and minerals that supports hair and scalp health. The Herbal Hair Rinse is great to use as frequently as you like.
- Brew a strong batch of 1-2 oz of Hair Herbal Tea (more or less depending on how much hair you have).
- Once the tea has cooled to room temperature, strain out the herbs.
- Add water to the brewed tea to make the overall mixture total 1 quart or 4 cups of liquid.
- After your normal shampooing or using our simple baking soda shampoo, pour the Herbal Hair Rinse over your hair, gently massaging into the scalp. There is no need to rinse with water afterwards, instead just let your hair luxuriate in this nourishing mixture.
Vinegar + Herbal Hair Rinse
If you’ve got a bit more time and would like to supercharge your Herbal Hair Rinse, we love the following recipe. This recipe uses our Hair Herbal Tea and apple cider vinegar, which helps to balance the pH of your scalp and hair, soften and add a healthy shine. The Vinegar + Herbal Hair Rinse keeps for up to a year in the refrigerator and can easily be doubled or tripled for an extra large batch to last you even longer.
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of Hair Herbal Tea into a glass jar. Pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar over the herbs. Close the lid tightly and store at warm room temperature for 3-5 weeks. Shake the jar daily.
- Strain the herbs using a fine mesh strainer or a cheesecloth, saving the liquid. Store in the fridge until use.
- To use, take 1/2 cup of the Vinegar + Herbal Hair Rinse and add 2 cups of warm water. Mix well.
- After your normal shampooing or using our simple baking soda shampoo, pour the liquid mixture over your hair, gently massaging into the scalp. Let the rinse soak into your hair and scalp for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.