22 Nov Thanksgiving Digest Herbal Cider Recipe
We love a sweet treat after a satisfying Thanksgiving dinner. Even more than that, we love a sweet treat that is also functional—by adding out Digest Herbal Tea to our favorite cider recipe you can kick start your digestion after that big holiday meal all while enjoying a special drink with family and friends.
Thanksgiving Digest Herbal Cider Recipe
- 1c. Digest Herbal Tea in reusable cotton tea bags (it takes about 4)
- 1 gallon organic apple cider
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Whole Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the apple cider. Stir in allspice and nutmeg and bring to a low boil.
- Stick the pointy ends of the cloves into the lemon so that just the buds of the cloves are visible. The entire lemon should be covered with the cloves.
- Add the reusable cotton tea bags with Digest Herbal Tea and the lemon to the cider and reduce to a simmer. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Serve in mugs with a cinnamon stick as garnish. Enjoy!