25 Oct DIY Dream Eye Pillow
Are you wanting to take your bedtime ritual to the next level? We’ve got the perfect craft project for you.
DIY Dream Eye Pillow
- 1 c. rice
- 1/4 c. dry Dream Herbal Tea
- Reclaimed fabric scraps or preferred fabric
- Needle & thread (feel free to hand sew or use a machine)
- Start by making a paper pattern for your eye pillow by drawing and cutting out a rectangle measuring 10″ x 5″ (or as large as you would like it!)
- Trace eye pillow pattern twice onto fabric.
- Cut out fabric.
- Pin both pieces of fabric together with right sides facing each other.
- Sew a quarter inch seam around the mask leaving a 2-inch opening along the top or side.
- Turn right side out.
- Mix rice and dried Dream Tea together.
- Using the funnel, fill pillow with the mixture.
- Sew opening closed.
Our favorite nighttime ritual is to brew a cup of Dream tea and turn on your favorite ambient music, sleep meditation or sleep story podcast. Lay down in bed with the Dream Eye Pillow over your eyes. Bring your attention to your breath, as you breathe in the aroma of the herbs. For a twist on this practice, try heating up your eye pillow for about 10 seconds in the microwave to place on your forehead to soothe a headache. Or refrigerate your eye pillow for 45 minutes before bed to alleviate puffiness in the eyes and tension in the face.
We would love to see your handmade Dream Eye Pillows! Tag us in your creations on Instagram!