02 Sep Calming Moon Tea
We’re nearing the Autumnal Equinox, which marks the astronomical start of fall in the Northern Hemisphere, meaning longer nights and the perfect season for our Calming Moon Tea. Traditionally, cultures celebrated the summer-grown bounty among friends and family to reconnect after a long, arduous harvest and to celebrate the start of ushering in a brand new season.
During the equinox, there’s a perfect balance between day and night and we believe this sacred time of year is an ideal time to find harmony and set your intentions for the upcoming season. This year, September’s full moon takes place right before the equinox — a time to manifest and set intentions, practice a moon ritual, and get back into tune with nature and the universe.
To celebrate, we created our own version of moon tea to sip and savor on the eve of the equinox. Calming Moon Tea is the night-time version of sun tea — a cold-infused tea steeped by the light and power of the full moon.
Calming Moon Tea Recipe
What you’ll need:
- Large glass container or mason jar
- Reusable cotton tea bag
- Calm Herbal Tea
- Fill your glass container with 32 oz. of water
- Fill the reusable cotton tea bag with our Calm Herbal Tea.
- During the evening, place your jar outdoors under the moon’s glow
- In the morning, put your tea in the refrigerator to keep it cool and fresh
- Sip on your moon tea while focusing on manifestation and setting intention through mindful activities like meditation or journaling. While we recommend saving some of the sacred tea for the equinox, feel free to enjoy your moon tea throughout the days leading up to the new season’s arrival.