10 Aug DIY: Easy and Refreshing Herbal Mouthwash
One of our favorite things about working with organic herbs is coming up with fun, creative recipes to share with each other and with our customers.
We learned that National Smile Week is this month, so we felt extra inspired to celebrate and utilize some of the powerful herbs from our Mouth Herbal Tea.
Here are our favorite ingredients to use:
Goldenseal: Antibiotic, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory, goldenseal is especially helpful for healing gums and helping soothe any oral pain.
Clove: Contains serious antibacterial properties to help create a balanced oral environment.
Calendula: Helps fight against some of the most common ailments like plaque and gingivitis.
Sage: Also a natural astringent, sage helps to tighten loose gum tissue and soothe a sore mouth.
Peppermint: Not only helps freshen breath, but the cooling effects can soothe any aches or pains.
Thyme: A powerful antiseptic and disinfectant that helps treat inflammation and infection
Directions for use:
- Boil two to three cups of water.
- Add a hearty pinch of goldenseal, thyme, sage, and calendula to a reusable cotton tea bag or mesh infusion basket.
- Pour boiling water into a teapot and steep for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour into a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Add 5 to 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Use daily for any aches and pains or for overall oral health.