30 Jun Creative Herbal Tea Summer Smoothie Recipe
This month, we’re sending a warm welcome to the summer sunshine. At Vana Tisanes, we believe summer is a time of gathering, sharing and enjoying Mother Nature as intended.
To celebrate our favorite season and tea of the month, we’re sharing one of our most delicious summertime recipes — Creative Herbal Tea Smoothie! This sweet, refreshing and nutrient-packed smoothie is the perfect drink for those hot summer days.
- Brew a strong batch of Creative Herbal Tea; 2 tbsp tea to 2 cups of water, steeped for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea or remove your reusable tea bag and allow the tea to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for an additional 2-3 hours.
- Pour 1 cup of chilled Creative Herbal Tea into a blender. Add your preferred greens — we enjoy fresh spinach, kale, and romaine (or a mix of all three!) — and blend.
- Add 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 2 to 3 strawberries, and juice of 1/2 lemon and blend again.
- Add your favorite boosts such as hemp protein powder, spirulina, bee pollen, or chia seeds and blend again.
We recommend preparing a large batch of herbal tea in advance for two or three day’s worth of our delicious smoothies.
We hope you enjoy our latest summer smoothie recipe! Feel free to share your finished product or any of your creative takes on the recipe and tag us on Instagram.