28 Aug Herbal Skin Toner Recipe
The health benefits of our tisanes go beyond a cup of tea and some of our blends can even be used topically. One of our favorite DIY is our Herbal Skin Toner recipe. This facial toner utilizes our Skin Herbal Tea supports the health and wellness of the largest organ of the body— the skin. This tea contains herbs with antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties to soothe damaged skin and fight free radical damage. Skin Herbal Tea promotes the growth of new skin cells with herbs that boost collagen synthesis, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles—both purifying and hydrating the skin. These beautiful benefits can be enjoyed by both drinking this tisane and utilizing it as a refreshing Herbal Skin Toner.
Herbal Skin Toner Recipe
5 tablespoons Skin Herbal Tea
12 oz Filtered Boiling Water
12 oz Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Optional: Essential Oils such as Lavender, Frankincense, Rosemary, Rose Geranium, or Clary Sage
- Grab a jar and fill with 5 tablespoons of Skin Herbal Tea.
- Add 12 oz of boiling water to herbs and give it a good stir. Make sure your jar can stand the heat! Cover jar and let steep for 30 min.
- Strain the tea mixture into an empty jar using a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer. Make sure you squeeze or press all the liquid out.
- Add 12 oz of Apple Cider Vinegar into the herbal liquid and cover your jar. Give it a good shake until well mixed. *If desired, you can also add a 10 to 12 drops of your favorite essential oils.
- Pour your Herbal Skin Toner into any beautiful container of your choice. We put ours in a tincture bottle with calendula petals for the visual enhancement to enjoy in our daily face care rituals.
- After cleansing, apply to face and neck and feel your skin radiate!