23 Aug Joy Tincture Recipe
At Vana Tisanes, we love fun, refreshing new ways to enjoy our favorite tisanes! In the height of summer, when the weather is warmest— doesn’t a sweet, chilled drink sound like perfection? If your answer is yes, then you’ll love our Joy Tincture Recipe. This fun, summertime recipe involves a different method of extracting the delightful health benefits of the botanicals in our Happy Herbal Tea by creating an herbal tincture.
Joy Tincture Recipe
- Fill a large mason jar (approximately 32 oz) with 1/2 cup of dry, un-steeped Happy Herbal Tea.
- Soak the herbs with a little boiling water—just enough to dampen the herbs.
- Fill the rest of the jar with your preferred consumable alcohol, i.e. 80 proof vodka or rum.
- Put the lid on the jar and store your steeping elixir in a cool and dry place for 3 weeks to 6 months, shaking the jar daily.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth into a dropper bottle and compost the herbs.
* You can make a non-alcoholic version of this herbal tincture by subbing the alcohol for apple cider vinegar or food-grade vegetable glycerin. Please note that this mixture will only last 3 to 6 months and must be refrigerated.
Enjoy Your Joy Tincture
Add a dropperful or two to your next cocktail (or mocktail!). Maybe even add ice cubes and fresh fruit and make your drink both beautiful and delicious!