23 Aug Joy Tincture Recipe
At Vana Tisanes, we love fun, refreshing new ways to enjoy our favorite tisanes! In the height of summer, when the weather is warmest— doesn’t a sweet, chilled drink sound like perfection? If your answer is yes, then you’ll love our Joy Tincture Recipe. This fun, summertime recipe involves a different method of extracting the delightful health benefits of the botanicals in our Happy Herbal Tea by creating an herbal tincture.
Joy Tincture Recipe
- Fill a large mason jar (approximately 32 oz) with 1/2 cup of dry, un-steeped Happy Herbal Tea.
- Soak the herbs with a little boiling water—just enough to dampen the herbs.
- Fill the rest of the jar with your preferred consumable alcohol, i.e. 80 proof vodka or rum.
- Put the lid on the jar and store your steeping elixir in a cool and dry place for 3 weeks to 6 months, shaking the jar daily.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth into a dropper bottle and compost the herbs.
* You can make a non-alcoholic version of this herbal tincture by subbing the alcohol for apple cider vinegar or food-grade vegetable glycerin. Please note that this mixture will only last 3 to 6 months and must be refrigerated.
Enjoy Your Joy Tincture
Add a dropperful or two to your next cocktail (or mocktail!). Maybe even add ice cubes and fresh fruit and make your drink both beautiful and delicious!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.