Founded in a small coastal town of Cambria, CA, Vana Tisanes was started by Mike Coulson and Miho Watanabe. Together we craft our tisanes in small batches, using organic ingredients and always with our consumers quality of life in mind. Our sole goal is to share with our community the love that we have for the magnificent power of plants.
All of our sourced ingredients are certified organic, while the packaging we use is made out of 100% recycled material. When in search for the purest form of flavors and health properties, we only choose the highest quality of dried plants from around the world. With respect for our planet, every one of our business decisions is also made with sustainability in mind.
We believe the sources that grow directly from the ground carry a sacred energy that hold the truths of our world and our well being. By consuming their oils through hot water infusion, we believe we are able to experience and process the power of these plants in the most optimal way or form. With carefully crafted, hand-blended herbal leaves, roots, flowers and berries, we hope our tisanes enhance your life as much as it has ours.
1. Boil water to a temperature of 212 F (a rolling boil is great)
2. Measure between ½ to 1 tbsp of herbs per cup of water (experiment to find your preferred amount)
3. Put herbs into an infusion tea pot, french press, stainless steel infusion ball (never use aluminum) or a reusable tea bag. If you don't have any of these options, we offer a 1 ounce option of all of our blends that come with a USA handmade organic cotton tea bag.
4. Pour hot water over herbs and let them release their oils for 7-10 minutes, depending
on your strength preference. For blends that have more roots, we recommend closer to 10 minutes.
5. Pour and drink. All blends may be infused up to 3 times.
Avoiding just five storage conditions will make a huge difference in the shelf life of your herbs. These factors are light, heat, moisture, odor and air.
We suggest keeping your herbs in the original packaging, in a cool and dark pantry to avoid light and uv rays.
Avoid placing it in the sun (see also: Light) or near heat sources, like a stove or oven.
Dried plants are shelf stable but unfortunately, this also means they absorb water from the air very easily. Until they are ready to brew, keep it away from boiling water and avoiding other humid areas, like above a dishwasher vent or in a refrigerator.
Common odors are something that herbs can absorb very easily. By leaving the herbs in their original packaging or placing them in an air-tight container of your choosing, you will reduce the chance of changing the natural flavor of the herbs we have chosen.
The more exposure to air increases the chances that your herbs will absorb moisture and odors. Avoid leaving your herbs out by sealing them in the original packaging or an air-tight container of your choosing.
1. Always check with your personal health care provider before consuming any herbs, as they can be very powerful. This is especially important if you are on any medication, pregnant, breast feeding or have allergies.
2. Please review each product's cautionary advisories on their respective pages before consuming.
3. Always keep our blends away from children, unless otherwise approved by their health care provider.
4. No statement by us or any herbal company has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
5. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. They are simply created to enhance the body's natural abilities to function in the most optimal ways.